Saturday 6 April 2019

Starting My Proactiv+ Journey


I've been struggling with hormonal acne for around 6 or 7 months now. It all started last year after my family holiday to Las Vegas, I started getting those massive and really painful under-the-skin kind of spots, clusters of white heads on my cheeks, my jawline and my chin, which was sometimes really itchy and super painful. It got to the point where I was very self-conscious of my skin and I would become obsessed with buying new products hoping that they would clear it up - Nothing helped.


'oily, dry and acne prone skin'

As a teen my skin wasn't too bad. My skin type is very oily so blackheads are just the norm for me but spots weren't really a big issue. I came off from the contraceptive pill about a year and a half ago, so I feel that what I am dealing with now is my 'true skin' - oily, dry and acne prone skin. I know my acne is only mild and not severe, however it is still itchy, uncomfortable to touch and I'm being left with a lot of scarring. I was recommended a product called Acne.org by a friend last year so I placed an order and had it shipped from America just after Christmas, 2018.




This photo was from around Christmas time 2018 before I started using Acne.org. This picture isn't the best but at this point my skin was sore and itchy and I would wake up with a new break out each day.
This photo was around 2 months of using Acne.org. The inflammation had gone down but I was left with very dry skin and a lot of scarring. I would still have flare-ups but it was manageable.
This was my skin 2 days ago. I still have scarring and the painful spots are starting to slowly re-appear.
For the past 3 months I have been using Acne.org, which has really calmed down my skin and in the beginning it did slow down the appearance of new spots. However, now I am left with a lot of scarring and my skin is extremely dry from the strength of the product and the peeling effect. I've notice a difference after 3 months but I also feel that Acne.org is not a product you can use for years to come. I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that the painful spots are starting to come back. Maybe my skin has become immune to it? I have no idea.

I made the decision to purchase Proactive+ as I have read good reviews about it and seen the advert on TV like a million times. You choose your skincare plan on the website and you are automatically subscribed to a monthly plan. You can choose either a 30 day supply or a 90 day supply. I went for the Complete Face Plan, which is a 30 day supply, this is £29.99 but there was a 25% off offer when I purchased mine. This plan included - Skin Smoothing Exfoliator, Pore Targeting Treatment, Complexion Perfecting Hydrator, Re-Texturising Toner and the Mark Fading Pads x5. I also added the Green Tea Moisturiser and the Skin Purifying Mask to my order and the total came to just over £40.







Proactive+ promises 'smooth, clear and healthy-looking' skin. If I'm not happy with the product, I can return the product within 60 days for a full refund, whether the bottles are full or empty!




My kit just came through the post today (wednesday 3rd) so I will be using it as of today. This is literally my last resort, I have high hopes for Proactive+ and I really hope it sticks to it's promise. I will keep you posted.


x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BODY BY ME. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig